Facebook co founder, chairman and chief executive officer Mark Elliot Zuckerberg and his Facebook team members for unknown reason, designed it’s Messenger app to be a standadlone communication App. That is, it has no logout button.
The Facebook messenger is one of the most popular apps created not just for chatting and uploading photos/videos, but for making calls as well. By calls i mean both audio/video call. It is very easy to use and it comes with a wide range of emojis, GIFs and many more.
Also Read: Carry1st Live Trivia App – Why You Should Clear From This App
But in this article, am going to show you how to logout of Facebook messenger app in this 3 easy ways, namely:
- Through clearing of its messenger app in your device settings
- Logging out from its messenger app for Android users
- Logging out from its messenger app for iOS users.
How To Log Out Of Facebook Messenger
1. Through Clearing Of Messenger App Data In Settings For All Device
- Clear the Facebook messenger app from your phone recent app list.
- Locate “settings” on your mobile phone and click on it, scroll down, locate and click the “app” option.
- Scroll through the list of all the apps you previously installed on your mobile phone, locate the messenger app icon and click on it.
- Locate and click on the storage option
- After opening “storage”, click on the “clear data” button
- Once being done, know that you have successfully logged out of the Facebook messenger app.
Need A Loan Without Collateral? Check Out This Money Lending Platforms In Nigeria Here
2. How to Logout Of Facebook Messenger App For Android Users
- Locate the Facebook app on your Android phone and click on it. if you may ask, why so? The sole reason is that, the messenger app doesn’t permit you to log out, so to logout successfully from your messenger account, you have to make use of the Facebook app.
- Tap the “more” button on the top right corner which should appear as 3 dot line.
- Click on the “settings” option below the settings & privacy
- Scroll down and click on “security and login” button
- Under the section titled “where you’re logged in”, you will see a list of all the mobile devices and their locations where you usually login to facebook, now locate for the messenger platform beneath it and click on it, just like the picture below
- If your mobile device name with the messenger label beneath it wasn’t found, then you have to click on the “see all” button in other to show more devices and platforms where you’re logged in
- Now if am to guess, you have seen your device name with the messenger label beneath it, true or false, smile, click on the 3 dots located on the left side and click on the “log out” button
- Bravo! Because you have successfully logout of messenger using the facebook app.
3. How To Logout Of Facebook Messenger App For iOS Users
- Click on the 3 dots know as the menu in the bottom right corner of your iOS device
- Scroll down and click on the “settings & privacy” button and a pop up menu will appear on the bottom
- Click on security and login button
- And now, you are moving to a page title “where you’re logged in”, there, you will be shown a list of all the devices and locations that you frequently login, now what you should do is to locate the one with a recently messenger platform beneath it and click on it.
- Click on the 3 dots and a log out button will appear. Confirm your action by selecting the log out option again.
- And if your device name with the messenger label beneath it wasn’t found, click on they “see all” button in other to reveal more devices and platforms where you’re logged in and once being found, click on the 3 dots on the left side in other for the log out option to appear, click on it to logout
- Done, you have successfully logout from your messenger account.
I hope I have truly solved your problem on how to logout of Facebook messenger on Android and iOS Device. Why can’t you give me a nice compliment on the comments section below, and most importantly, don’t forget to hit the share button below and share it so that others can also learn from it just like you have done. Thanks and God bless.